TRIANGULUM Site Stavanger
The Stavanger region is regarded as one of the most innovative regions in Norway. For ten years in a row, it has been appointed The Best Business Region in Norway (NHO) and has a practice for close triple helix cooperation among businesses, academia and public sector. The region aims at a high degree of knowledge transfer between sectors and areas of business, such as subsea to space, space to health, offshore to onshore services
In the Stavanger area, one district in particular – Paradis/Hillevåg will be transformed to a living lab as part of the TRIANGULUM project. Within this area, substantial changes will take place in buildings such as 100 private homes fitted with integrated solutions and smart generic gateways. Services include heat and light control, innovative video solutions, security/safety features and charging for electric vehicles. Stavanger sees smarter homes as a crucial part of building a smart city, due to the opportunities in enabling the inhabitants to develop the smart city.
The interventions include:
- installation of a renewable energy plant for three major municipal office buildings, making the energy supply for light and heating greener and reducing the CO2 emission
- development and installation of smart generic gateway at a school and a nursing home, which will allow for the use of innovative video solutions, strengthened energy efficiency, building automation, and smart charging of e-vehicles
- development of a cloud data hub for gathering and analyzing big data from the project.
For the Stavanger region, TRIANGULUM means making a difference for its citizens and enabling new business and research to be spread both in mature and new markets.
- lowering emission, both by enabling people to make the right choices and introducing equipment and infrastructure for electric mobility
- improve the quality of public transportation and thus increase its competitiveness compared to individual motor car traffic
- smarter houses make cities smart: decision support, energy control, safety and comfort
- lowering energy consumption both in dwellings and public buildings
- 75 % of the heating requirement to be covered by renewable energy in the buildings the municipality new energy plant (center) will serve
- meaningful citizen involvement in everyday life
- seeking business opportunities globally.