SMARTER TOGETHER lighthouse project launches Club of Cities
The SMARTER TOGETHER lighthouse project, a part of uropean Union’s Horizon 2020 research program, launches the Club of Cities bringing together cities from Europe and beyond with the objective of improving their capacity to implement Smart City solutions through networking, study visits and online tools. The cities already participating in the Smarter Together project will share their experience in five areas of co-created and replicable integrated smart solutions: citizen engagement, district heating & renewable energy, holistic refurbishment, smart data and e-mobility. In addition, members will benefit in multiple ways:
- Access to excellent Smart City Know-How, notably to the Smarter Together Wiki
- Participation in study visits in the Lighthouse Cities Vienna, Munich and Lyon, where innovative Smart City solutions on demonstration sites will be showcased
- Direct access to city staff in the Lighthouse, Follower and Observer Cities of Smarter Together, enabling sharing of experience and know-how
- Regular meetings of the Club of Cities, with the participation of city staff from the Lighthouse and Follower Cities
- First-hand shared successful solutions from the Smarter Together project
- Possibility to disseminate and showcase own actions and good practices via the Smarter Together communication channels
- Collaboration in defining the future Smarty City themes the Club of Cities will focus on
- Cross-border and international networking opportunities between European and international cities (from the Americas, Asia, etc.)
The Club of Cities' kick-off meeting will take place during Energy Cities’ annual conference in Stuttgart, Germany, where the main objectives, activities, and interests of the Club of Cities will be discussed.
For more information on how to join, visit their website.