REgeneration MOdel for accelerating the smart URBAN transformation
REMOURBAN is a lighthouse project whose ultimate goal is to design and validate a urban regeneration model in the cities of Nottingham (United Kingdom), Valladolid (Spain) and Tepebasi/Eskisehir (Turkey), while maximizing its replication potential in two follower cities, Seraing (Belgium) and Miskolc (Hungary). The model leverages the convergence between energy, mobility and ICT to improve quality of life, ensure social acceptance and empower citizens. REMOURBAN will test a range of technical innovations and solutions as well as new business models for city renovation and strategies addressing non-technical barriers.
The project aims to:
- develop, validate and guarantee the replicability of a sustainable urban regeneration model
- accelerate the development of innovative technologies, organizational and economic solutions
- significantly increase resource and energy efficiency, improve the sustainability of urban transport and drastically reduce greenhouse gas emissions in urban areas
The expected impacts are:
- Reduction of the human activities impact in the cities by 5% in CO2/person·yr emissions and kWh/person·yr of energy consumption:
- Reducing the building energy demand by 40% and increase to a 30% the distributed energy generation ratio
- Increase the thermal and electrical energy distribution and efficiency by 10% through public and private investment with less than 15 years RoI in buildings/districts and 5 years RoI in energy supply interventions.
- Increase low carbon mobility solutions by 5% (25% at medium term), meaning a 50% of CO2 emissions and reduction of delays and door-to-door journey time by 10%
- Increase the citizens awareness contributing to reduce of a 10% of the emissions and energy consumption per capita